What an experience. This is my book haul today after surviving 2 hours at #sgbookdeals! It’s a book warehouse sale in an industrial park (I’ve included the address below.)
They give you a box and you fill it up with as many new books as possible for $50. I managed to squeeze in 29 books. The box must be able to be closed and sealed shut.
I calculated, each of the books pictured here is S$1.72 so that’s a pretty good deal! (The football manager and quit smoking books aren’t for me, and 1/3 of these books are my mum’s.
A random find at the packing area.
Don’t pack like this!
My wonderful stack of books! Some are for my mum, some for me, some to give to others.
1. Expect crowds. Please leave your kids, babies, and prams at home.
2. T-shirt and shorts is the way to go.
3. Bring a tiny trolley, rope and hook to secure your box (optional).
4. Bring water (optional).
5. Bring your money/NETS/card and as little stuff as possible.
6. Parking space is limited so be warned.
7. Bring a hair tie if you have long hair. There are lots of big fans/outdoor aircons.
8. The place is pretty hot and not super well ventilated. So be prepared for the warmth and sweat!
9. Also FYI there is a huge delivery lift, so climbing down three flights of stairs isn’t necessary.
10. Expect obscure fiction titles, and expect to see lots of the same books.
11. There aren’t any Chinese books, but there are lots of Star Wars, Minecraft, self-help, business, non-fiction, cookbooks, children’s and colouring books.
12. Pack the books standing to maximise the box.
13. Pack the thicker books first and slot the thinner ones in after. Pack similar sized books together 🙂
Where: Pansing Building, 438 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1, Level 3, Singapore 569619
When: 8-16 March 2019 (starts at 9am, ends at 4pm on weekdays and 6pm on weekends)