If you frequent Orchard Road/Somerset often, or if you are simply looking for a chill place to unwind with friends and family over proper food and drinks, then this post is dedicated to you!
For those unfamiliar, Outback Steakhouse is an Aussie inspired steakhouse that’s been in Singapore for many, many years, and not too long ago they opened a restaurant on the fourth floor of Orchard Gateway. Outback also has a global presence with numerous restaurants around the world.
What I like about Outback:
(1) It’s air-conditioned.
(2) It’s family-friendly.
(3) It’s away from all the hustle and bustle that is Orchard Road.
(4) It offers a stellar view of the Orchard/Somerset belt.
(5) The food and booze is really decent and reasonably priced.
(6) The bar area looks so fancy and they even have a sports channel dedicated television.
So if you’re looking for a place to have a decent meal with family or a group of friends or even just a plus one, you should check out Outback.
Before I digress any further, let me get into Outback Steakhouse’s awesome new menu!
So what’s new?
(1) Dessert Donuts
Omg I love this. Admittedly it isn’t photogenic, but EVERYONE knows that “ugly” food always tastes so goooood. I had average expectations, but this was quite mind-blowing.
The donuts are FRESH and crisp, and oozing with MASCARPONE. Omg. You can throw your diet out the window with just one bite. The dessert donuts kinda remind me of goreng pisang or a cross between churros and donuts. I’m still dreaming about this fried, decadent goodness, plus it’s served with a thick and heavenly Milo sauce.
(2) Skillet Cookie
As you can see, this is a yummy warm baked gooey chocolatey cookie served on a skillet with chocolate sauce. Ok at this point I’m just throwing up all the possible adjectives I can think of to describe this cookie. It has a really homemade feel to it as well. It’s really addictive, so please order this at Outback if you are a chocolate lover. On a separate note, this large cookie is suitable for sharing!
(3) Aussie Chicken Tacos
These were simply fabulous. The grilled chicken was juicy, tender and fresh and so tasty. Loved how they combined it with coleslaw and aioli so it wasn’t at all dry. Although the portions looked normal, it was actually really filling in a good way! I felt like it was the right balance between being healthy but also delicious.
There were other new offerings on the menu, but since I’m an average human being and can’t eat like 100 spring rolls like people on YouTube, I didn’t get to try all the other new menu items at one go. HOWEVER, I intend to go back and try their other new dishes which I will elaborate more on below.
Besides what I mentioned above, the other new menu offerings are:
1. Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich (chicken breast seasoned in spices, breaded and fried, in a toasted bun with mayo, chili oil and pickles)
2. Shrimp Creole Sandwich (a crispy shrimp sandwich with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, creole sauce)
3. No Rules Grilled Fish (fresh grilled fish with seasonal vegetables and shrimp scampi or Toowoomba sauce)
4. Ranchero Chicken (grilled chicken + mashed potatoes with lemon butter sauce, pico de gallo and ranch dressing and slaw)
5. Filet and Grilled Shrimp (filet with grilled shrimp and two sides of your choice)
6. Chile Marinated Ribeye (juicy ribeye steak chargrilled to perfection with avocado pico de gallo, Mexican corn, crispy tortilla, grilled tomatoes, chile sauce and sour cream)
7. Strip and Fish of the Day (Outback’s signature strip paired with flame-grilled fish and a side)
8. Rainbow Salad (mixed greens, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, grilled chicken, boiled egg, bacon, fresh avocado and spiced orange vinaigrette)
9. Steakhouse Salad (seared sirloin atop mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, pecans, and blue cheese vinaigrette)
10. Asian Spicy Pasta (fettuccine, seared chicken, sautéed veg, cashews and a spicy sauce, sweet chili garlic, herbs and tomatoes).
This drink I ordered was the Pacific Rim. It was SO GOOD. You can really taste the alcohol, and it also has a very clean taste.
Something else that’s new on the menu is the Chef’s Selections. These brand new, reasonably priced dishes were specially created to cater to our Singaporean taste buds. There’s the Outback Curry Chicken (steamed rice, crispy chicken, bok choy, curry), Tropical Beef and Rice (sautéed beef, seasonal veggies, green onions, teriyaki sauce, steamed rice, spinach, pineapple), Country Fried Steak (a huge steak that’s battered, fried, topped with peppercorn sauce, and mashed potatoes and broccoli), Sirloin Steak with Rice (sliced sirloin steak, seasoned rice, sautéed spinach, black pepper sauce), Spicy Shrimp Bowl (crispy shrimp tossed with spicy sriracha aioli, spinach, steamed rice, sweet chili sauce).
As for the new appetisers, there’s the Bloomin’ Pickle Fries (fried pickles and fries with a sweet chili and creamy ranch dressing), Lemon Butter Calamari (pretty self-explanatory), Crispy Volcano Shrimp (crispy shrimp meets sriracha aioli sauce and green onions), and also the Appetizer Platter (sharing portion of the Kookaburra Wings, Lemon Butter Calamari and Crispy Volcano Shrimp!)
As you can see, they’ve pretty much outdone themselves by coming up with so many new food options to explore, so there’s really something for everyone. Well, I think that’s enough from me about the food, go check out Outback Steakhouse’s latest menu and be the judge yourself!
Outback Steakhouse is located at 277 Orchard Road, #04-01, Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858. To make a reservation, call them up at 6702 6842!
[Disclaimer: This food review was sponsored by Outback Steakhouse. All photographs and opinions are my own.]